Please give a warm welcome to our newest members:
- Image Creators Salon and Spa – Owner Sylvia Campana has operated this wonderful salon and spa for decades. The business is currently undergoing a huge renovation to bring the best services to the community in a new and upgraded environment.
- boydarc LLC – Winner of more than 50 awards and a long career with three major firms, architect Christopher Boyd is bringing his talents to the community to craft beautiful and long-lasting solutions.
- Change Your Pace Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork - With three locations, this team's specialties are to facilitate healing within people who struggle with chronic pain as well as deep tissue, myofascial release and neuromuscular treatments.
- Macaroni KID Annapolis – Macaroni KID is your online source to find fun events, engaging activity ideas, resource guides and to connect with locally owned family-friendly businesses in the Annapolis area.
- Riticulous Detail Cleaning - With years of experience, constant training, researching, developing, and taking cues from the best detailers on the international detailing scene, the team specializes in the art of automotive and watercraft detailing.
- National Carpet & Flooring – National Carpet & Flooring has been serving Anne Arundel County and surrounding areas since 1991. Locally owned and operated, it is a family business run by Wesley and Helen Sherman. They provide both commercial and residential flooring.
- Chill Axes - If you’re looking for a fun family activity, a few hours with friends, a date night or planning an event - throwing axes is an activity everyone loves.
- Earth Radiance Simple Organic Holistic - Its treatments offer holistic modalities, vegan facials, advanced facial massage, warm oil therapies, brow threading, body waxing and henna body art.
- Silesky & Company LLC - With a background in global branding and taking the same approach with local small business owners, Silesky Marketing treats every campaign the same: like a travel itinerary.
- Angela Jacob, Disability Resource Navigator - As a person with a disability and a professional with experience in both the nonprofit disability sector as well as in the health industry, Angela Jacob would like to use her knowledge to help you and yours navigate through the many disability resources available, without the headache.
- Wellness House of Annapolis - In 2007, with the help of the Annapolis Rotary Club, Dr. Kelly Sullivan founded Wellness House of Annapolis. The organization offers over 35 free programs and services to cancer patients and their loved ones, from diagnosis to survivorship.
- Paychex – Paychex Inc. is a recognized leader in the payroll, human resource and benefits outsourcing industry, with a steadfast commitment to success and a record of achievement that continues a tradition of delivering excellence.
- Fellowship Health and Wellness - A recent major scientific breakthrough in stem cell technology activates your own stem cells and resets them to a younger, healthier state. Stem cell activation patches may help you with pain management and give you a level of health and vitality that you have not experienced since youth.
- Pam Bannan, cabi Stylist – Celebrating its 20-year anniversary, the cabi concept is simple: by bringing a uniquely styled clothing line to a home setting, women receive an opportunity to hear about the hottest trends and discover their true style in the company of close friends.
- Stella Maris Home Care and Hospice - Stella Maris is a leader in elder care with a long history of providing compassionate care. The dedicated team of skilled nursing experts believe in the person-centered care model, one that incorporates each long-term care residents’ personal preferences and values and thereby enhancing their quality of life.
- Committee to Elect Dawn Gile – An accomplished attorney, Dawn Gile is also a nonprofit leader and an award-winning military family advocate. She is also a wife and mother and is running on the Democrat ticket for Senate in District 33.
We held five ribbon cuttings over the last month. Three were grand openings in brick-and-mortar locations – Neighborhood Barre in Severna Park, Mike’s Pharmacy in Pasadena (next to Founders), and Levin Eyecare in Severna Park. It is so exciting to have new businesses choose our area to bring jobs, desired goods and services, and tax dollars to support our local economy.
The other ribbon cuttings were grand reopenings: Kelly Cornwell of Dream Vacations, who opened her business right before the pandemic, and Minuteman Press of Crofton, Canton and Federal Hill, which closed its business to the public during COVID.
Absolute Design Studio was the beautiful location for our Successful Women in Business First Cup Club networking event. Talented owner Jessica Ford told us all about her journey into the granite, stone and tile markets and how she started by selling products out of the back of her car. Now she operates in a 4,000-square-foot studio in Millersville filled with incredible products to bring your design vision to life.
The Wellness Coalition’s monthly meeting was held at the Severna Park Community Center with keynote speaker Jay Wenhold of the Green Home Solutions. Jay delivered a scientific overview of mold and toxic substances and the importance of clean air to the health and wellness of all including pets.
Close to 100 people attended our Multi-Chamber Business Builders networking event at Hellas Restaurant and Lounge on April 7. As always, they did a great job and it was a fun event for speed networking.
Registration opened for the 2022 Independence Day parade, to be held in Severna Park on Monday, July 4, from 10:00am to noon. Start planning now and get your volunteers together for this beloved community event.
Please check out our website calendar (www.gspacc.com) for upcoming events and our Facebook page. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-647-3900. Thank you for buying local and shopping small!